SEO Tools & Resources
All-in-One SEO Management
Tools that offer an affordable starting rate for solo consultants and small businesses. These tools also have excellent enterprise-scale options:
Agency-scale enterprise tools:
The platforms above also have enterprise-scale options that are excellent. The list below simply delineates platforms that require contracts and larger budgets. Here is one article on choosing an enterprise SEO platform that includes a link to download a report comparing platforms.
All of the major all-in-one SEO Tools have excellent keyword research capabilities built in. Here are some links to other resources to consider in your keyword discovery toolkit. Some of these tools have utility far beyond simply “research” (I may split these tools out, especially content analysis and planning tools like Clearscope, Surfer, Thruu, and others).
- AHREFs Chrome Extension (get quick ideas every time you search)
- Answer Socrates
- Chat GPT & other AI chatbots
- Nice outline on ways to use these by Shivbhadrasinh Gohil. There a ton of other good guides out there.
- Google Trends
- Keywords Everywhere (browser add-on)
- KeywordsPeopleUse (multiple data sources including Reddit and Quora)
- People Also Ask tool by SearchResponse.io (eye opening to compare your site vs a competitor!)
- Surfer (& Keyword Surfer Chrome Extension)
Articles worth reading about keyword research:
- The Comprehensive Guide to Keyword Research for SEO—Tom Shapiro, Stratabeat
Tools beyond all-in-one platforms listed above in the “All-in-One SEO Management” section…
Only including quick and free tools here. Not covering the website monitoring tools software market.