AI-Powered Search Resources
This page is a place for me to keep notes and log resources for my own reference. Hopefully you will find some of these resources helpful as well!
Bing & Google Bard (and ChatGPT)
- Bing.com (chat already integrated)
- Bard (Google will have Bard integrated soon enough)
- Bard FAQ
- Follow Google’s updates to Bard
Quick access to ChatGPT
Alternative AI Search Engines
Bing Chat and Google Bard are not the only games in town… (just starting this list, come back again to see a much richer list)
- Andi (no ads & protects privacy; I need to clarify which LLM/s and datasets are used)
- Consensus – “Consensus uses AI to find answers in research papers. The best way to search is to ask a question.”
- DuckDuckGo – DuckAssist (part of the extension & app; privacy-focused engine)
- Neeva AI (ad-free; subscription-based)
- YouChat / You.com (You.com focuses on privacy & customized search)
AI Plugins for WordPress
- Article by Kateryna Ryzha on Crocoblock.com – 14 Best WordPress AI Plugins: Using Machine Learning in WordPress(and with OpenAI announcing its own platform for plugins, the number of useful WordPress plugins that use AI will explode).
Articles I Find Particularly Interesting About AI Search
- The big concern for publishers is when AI becomes the journalist—Barry Schwarz, SearchEngineLand.com
Barry Schwarz offers that in order to compete for readers with AI search engines, authors should add “entertainment” value to differentiate the content. Barry puts this in the framework of adding an extra “E” to Google’s E-E-A-T (becoming Entertainment. Experience. Expertise. Authority. Trust.). I would add/modify that the additional “E” could be thought of as Emotion. Tom Shapiro at Stratabeat uses the principles of neuroscience to say that successful content that both performs well in search engines and drives conversions has an emotional component.
- Your SEO guide to the ChatGPT API—Tom Demers, SearchEngineLand.com
If you love automating tasks at scale and leveraging spreadsheets + AI, you will be incredibly grateful to Tom Demers for creating this very, very helpful tutorial on creating everything from meta tags to converting text to clean HTML! The visuals are some of the most useful you will see in an article like this.
AI Beyond Search!
- Amazing resource by The Rundown – Super Tools by The Rundown